About Vasanthi Pillay
- Founder and President, Ayurveda Association of Singapore (AAOS)
- Director and Trainer, Innergy Ayurveda and Yoga Pte Ltd
- Associate Trainer, Complementary Medicine (Ayurveda Module), Ngee Ann Polytechnic
- Academic Committee, Hong Kong Academy of Naturopathy
- Ayurvedic Yoga Teacher Trainer (YTT)
- Ayurvedic Wellness Counsellor & Educator
Vasanthi Pillay has an extensive background in the field of Ayurveda and Yoga.
She is the Founder and President of the Ayurveda Association of Singapore (AAOS), (2008) and Director of Innergy Ayurveda & Yoga Pte Ltd (2010) Her keen interest in Ayurveda was sparked in 2001 when she personally experienced the benefits of Ayurveda and Yoga in healthcare in prevention, management and cure of diseases. Since then she has honed her knowledge and skills in Ayurveda and Yoga by pursuing leading courses and research relating to these subjects.
She has been interviewed by several magazines and has written several articles on evidence based Ayurveda and Yoga.
How Vasanthi Got Started
Since then, Vasanthi has teamed up with several organisations to elucidate the scientific elements of Ayurveda and Yoga and to promote the therapeutic benefits of these two sciences. She is a highly sought-after speaker and has delivered numerous public and private talks and workshops in Singapore and Asia. Some of the events include 3CA for Ageing, 50 Plus Singapore, Ang Mo Kio – Thye Hua Kwan Hospital, BD Singapore, Eu Yan Sang Singapore, Nestle Singapore, National Parks Board (Nparks), National Heritage Board, Peranakan Museum, Singapore Heritage Festival, Singapore National Libraries, Singapore Polytechnic, Republic Polytechnic, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Yale-NUS College (Singapore), Singapore Institute of Management University (UniSIM), University of Las Vegas Nevada (UNLV Singapore),
the Singapore General Hospital (SGH), the Sleep Society of Singapore, Starbucks Singapore, Tembusu College, Several Community Centers (CC), Ministry of Education (MOE) wellness programmes for their staff and corporate sectors. Outside Singapore she has been invited to speak at the Malaysia Medical Association (Malaysia), Natural Medical Congress (Malaysia), Show Chuan Memorial Hospital (Taiwan), Chang Gung Memorial Hospital (Taiwan), Changhua County Government (Taiwan), Changhua County Police Force (Taiwan), Nanua University (Taiwan), Healthplex (Shanghai), Montessori-Xavier University Conference (Shanghai) Hong Kong Academy of Naturopathy (Hong Kong). 6th World Natural Medicine Conference (Macau).
Vasanthi also travels to Taiwan regularly to conduct trainings on Mindful approach to Wellness though Ayurveda and Yoga. She has conducted Training Programs and workshops at Show Chuan Memorial Hospital
Chang Gung Memorial Hospital,
Taoyuan General Hospital,
She also conducts similar Yoga, Yoga Therapy and Mindfulness, Awareness and Wellness trainings in Shanghai,
Taoyuan General Hospital,
Nanhua University in Taiwan,
In 1995 Vasanthi obtained her “Yoga Teacher’s Certificate” from the SVYASA Yoga University in Bangalore (India) and has been teaching therapeutic yoga since then. She trains Yoga teachers and conducts “Yoga Teachers’ Training (YTT) Certificate Course” and Self Management of Stress (SMS). Certificates are offered by the renowned M. S. Ramaiah Indic Centre for Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine (MSR ICAIM). A unit of Gokula Education Foundation (Medical) in Bangalore, India.
Vasanthi also sits on the academic committee of the Hong Kong Academy of Naturopathy. Vasanthi has been awarded the “Dharma Award for Excellence” in promoting the scientific awareness of Ayurveda by the Association of Ayurvedic Professionals of North America (USA). She has also been appointed as an Associate Trainer for the Ayurveda Module for “Complementary Medicine Guide for the Pharmacy Professional in Singapore” by Ngee Ann Polytechnic
Vasanthi holds a Bachelor of Arts from the National University of Singapore (NUS)), Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (University of New South Wales (Australia)) and a Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (Singapore Institute of Management (SIM)).
She has been working in several multinational companies in Singapore and Australia before pursuing her passion in Ayurveda and Yoga.
Vasanthi has obtained several certificates in Ayurveda and Yoga
- Ayurveda Pharmacology (ITC), Singapore (2007);
- Ayurveda Nutrition and Beauty Care, Institute of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine, Bangalore (2011)
- Foundational Principles of Ayurveda, Institute of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine, Bangalore (2012)
- Diploma in Ayurveda Nutrition and Lifestyle, Institute of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine, Bangalore (2015).
- Currently pursuing a 1-year Ayurvedic Wellness Counsellor (AWC) Program conducted by the Kerala Ayurveda Academy (India-USA). The AWC meets the NAMA (National Ayurvedic Medical Association) criteria.
- She is also studying the Ashtanga Hrdayam under the tutelage of Prof GG Gangadharan, Ayurvedacharya (Director, M. S. Ramaiah Indic Centre for Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine (MSR ICAIM), Bangalore) and Dr Hari Pallathery, (Trustee & Deputy Director at Arsha Yoga Vidya Peetam Trust (Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu)